Super I/O chips combine the functionality of many low-bandwidth device controllers into a single product.
Microchip super I/O devices have additional integrated features for total system management.
Full Legacy I/O Management
- Serial ports
- Parallel ports
- Flexible GPIOs
- Floppy disk companion
- Best-in-class product lifecycles
- Most accurate system monitoring in an I/O controller
- ~70% smaller footprint compared to similar three-chip solution
- Industrial-grade operating range
- Desktops and all-in-ones
- Industrial PCs
- Set-top boxes
- Kiosks and Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
- Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals